Your personal data (title, name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.) will be processed by us in accordance with the provisions of German data protection law and the data protection law of the European Union (EU). In addition to the processing purposes, recipients, legal bases, storage periods, the following regulations also inform you about your rights and the person responsible for your data processing.
We process your personal data that you provide to us via e-mail or contact form for the purpose of answering and completing your inquiries. There is no obligation for providing personal data to us. Though without providing your contact information, we will not be able to respond to you by e-mail.
If you have given us the explicit consent to process your data, Art. 6 (1a) DSGVO would be the legal basis for this process. Should we process your data to carry out pre-contractual measures, Art. 6 (1b) DSGVO would be the legal basis. In all other cases the legal basis is (especially when using a contact form), Art. 6 (1f) DSGVO.
Our legitimate interest in processing is to have quick communication and to respond to your inquiries in a cost-effective and efficient manner. You can protect your interest in data protection by sharing your data sparingly (e.g. using a pseudonym).
Your data will be deleted when it is clear from the circumstances that your inquiry or the matter in question has been conclusively dealt with and no statutory retention periods apply. For example, we may retain the data required by commercial and tax law for the periods specified by law, i.e. regularly for ten years (cf. § 257 HGB, § 147 AO).
Right of revocation: In the event of processing based on your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
Information about cookies and server log files
Technically necessary cookies are used on this website. These are small text files that are not permanently stored in or by your Internet browser on your computer system and are are serving the functionality of the website. Other cookies remain permanently and will be recognized on your browser on your next visit in order to increase the user-friendliness of the website. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 para.1 a) DSGVO.
Technically necessary cookies are usually deleted when you close your browser. Permanently stored cookies have a varying lifespan from a few minutes to several years.
Right of revocation: If you do not want these cookies to be stored, please deactivate the acceptance of these cookies in your Internet browser. However, this may result in a functional restriction of our website. You can revoke your consent to permanent storage by deleting the stored cookies via your browser.
For technical reasons, the following data, among others, which your Internet browser transmits to us or to our web space provider, is recorded (so-called server log files):
- browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Website from which you visit us (referrer URL)
- Website that you visit
- Date and time of your access
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (anonymized after use).
This anonymous data is stored separately from any personal data you may have provided and will not allow any conclusions to be drawn about a specific person. They are evaluated for statistical purposes in order to be able to optimize our Internet presence and our offers.
Your rights as a data subject
If personal data is processed by you, you are a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR, and you are entitled to the following rights as the person responsible and vis-à-vis:
- Right to information: you can request information about your personal data processed by us within the scope of Art. 15 DSGVO.
- Right to rectification: If the information concerning you is not (or is no longer) accurate, you may request a rectification in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO. If your data is incomplete, you can make the request that it will be completed.
- Right to erasure: You can request the erasure of your personal data under the conditions of Art. 17 DSGVO.
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right, under the conditions of Art. 18 DSGVO, to request restriction of the processing of the data concerning you.
- Right to data portability: in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller.
- Right to revoke the declaration of consent under data protection law: In accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO, you have the right to revoke your declaration of consent under data protection law at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority: If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in particular in the Member State of your residence, workplace or the place of the alleged infringement) in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR.
Please also note your right to object pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO:
If the processing of personal data concerning you is carried out for the protection of our overriding legitimate interest (legal basis under Art. 6(1)(f) DSGVO) or in the public interest (legal basis under Art. 6(1)(e) DSGVO), you have the right to object to the processing at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation; this also applies to profiling based on the provisions of the DSGVO.
In the event of an objection, we will no longer process the personal data concerning you, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Law firm Ohms Rechtsanwälte
Dr. Martin J. Ohms
Phone: +49 (0) 30 - 405099770
Fax: +49 (0) 30 - 405099777
The company data protection officer of Ohms Rechtsanwälte can be reached through the address above.